Monday, March 30, 2009

PODIUM!!!!!!!!!

My support crew of one charlie (my gf) who entered her first ever solo race and it was the wagga 6hr enduro, which she won and won by a whole lap... congratulations babe all that running and spin classes and mountaing biking has really paid off.

For me i could only manage 4th place.. never got a proper warm up in and should of skipped the race briefing for the bathroom but held top 10 into the single track after a 3km road climb my legs felt heavy and the weather was gona reach 31degrees so i tried not to push it to hard on the climbs consuming a bottle a lap with water and one scoop of endura magnesuim max in each bottle while sucking down peak fuel lime gels.. i slid out on one corner in the 1st lap it never fazed me it was so slippery out there ya realy couldnt push it hard thru the corners or on the descents i had both wheels sliding enough as it was, sometimes kicking the rear out so far i just laughed at how insane you could slide... end of lap 2 i had a slow leak in my rear tyre so i limped home to hit it with the track pump out 4 another lap,,, it didnt survive...had to take it real easy on the descent now its loose and a flat tyre i didnt spend much time pointing straight...
change of tyre a horrible change i couldnt get it off the rim.... still had to tyre lever it back on so gay im binning that f****ing tyre...back out for more... rode with anger to make up time, but starting to fade in the heat...dropped my bottle in the 1st half of my third lap manage to make it back ok...simon who traveled down with us had enough so he was at my feed table with bottle ready to go,,, totally oveer endura so i tipped it out filled with just water to scull a whole bottle refill and with a 10min gap to 3rd i set off again...
up the fire road climb after 1.5km of single track was the easiest spot to drink...half the bottle went into my helmet n down my back more gel... but really starting to feel bad in the stomach and dizzy as well,, breath drink water breath n some gel was tough work up the climb...
i make it back to timing 3min closer to 3rd, time for one more lap, but i was done i spent some of my lap dry reaching.. tried to keep the emotions together at the top of the last climb it was a brutal grind but rewarded you with views over the city and the craziest descent on a xc track i know... by crazy i mean steep fast fun, not plz hand me my DH for this one crazy...
over the line 9laps (one short of my goal) put a fork in me this chop is done....

Then did my best not to sit down and waited for charlie to finish big hugs at the finish line.. she had no idea on her position, and couldnt beleive it no matter how many times i told her she won...

with a brand new jersy a trip computer and 300bucks in her back pocket shes got one hell of a smile going at the moment..

Looks like i wont be racing at majura cause i have to move house hope to find out this week.
my next big thing will be performing at the fitness expo in sydney and hopefully free to race the club round that wknd also then onto race DIRTWORKS.. so if you wana take out 100km in open mens come and see me on the start line, ill be the guy in pink who will be in ur shadow all day or making you eat my dust...

CHOPS:)

No comments:

Post a Comment