Thursday, August 9, 2012

Back on the farm

The sydney 12hr is just one comfy sleep and one chilly sleep away.
A race I'm always pumped for since the epic battle of 2009, with dreggsy. As MC crafty puts it " mountain bike folklore" I'm sure he will want to share the story again on the day, goose bump stuff if you were there on the day at yellowmundie. 2010 took the race to the farm, not ridden since the NZO 24hr rockytrail did what they do best and create an event out of pure passion. Loved the track back then and I was not going to miss the chance, to race on a track that is like no other, and that rewards a consistent rider. Being at the back end of winter I found its a perfect time for me to race, as I've spent a lot of time spin classes while other people don't train so to finish 2nd to Jason English was an honor.
2010 had all the hype of 24hr SOLO WORLDS in October people were keen to test their legs, also on the line was the very special CROC TROPHY ticket, it was a very stressful race with so much pressure on and I felt like I was on a media ban and unable to get time splits to other competitors, after 12hrs of riding and banter from bellchambers the race was done and the ticket was mine.
2011- Could I make it 3years in a row on the podium? Jason is back andy hall turns up, Bellchambers to, beardy as ever. I've brought a pit crew that has never seen a mtb race before. So happy to have the husband and wife team of Heath & Cara to support me again this year.
It was another usual Enduro race with English lapping us all a few hours in. I got to ride my last lap with Andy which was nice as we had our meet and greet while riding our lines one last time. I had a bad case of dizzyness AKA 'I'm really not feeling well andy-'crash' unable to even see straight on the 4wd trail to the end of the valley was not very fun. But he helped me around the track to the end, where we finally get to soak up the atmosphere. Jase 1st Andy 2nd Chops 3rd. 240km.

So here we go again until 1pm today I was not a certain starter with bike issues and race nutrition had also not arrived, SCV imports put everything back on track.
I'm feeling under trained, thanks uni, underprepared not focused and uncomfortable with my bike setup.
My longest race since the convict was a rockytrail 4hr.. For a 12hr a lot has to be right or very little not wrong thats for sure. My TurnerFlux will last that's been proven, not sure about the stuff hanging off it, I do hope I'll annoy some people with my ChrisKing hubs Buuzzzzzzzzz.......
Like I was saying at the start, two more sleeps a great bunch of people want to see me do well, a crafty MC CRAFT a whopping bombfire. And Jason English there again.

I hope your going to the ROCKYTRAIL at Dargle farm, I have front row seats.

C'MON LEGS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment