Sunday, June 13, 2010

BACK ON THE BLOG

I did dream of starting new blog about "team turner" just read the next enduro mag i hear we get a mention.. Alot of life has kept me away from blogging alot of life actually all of my life has been through the spin cycle since riding the kona 24hr last year..
Two shoulder dislocations has stopped me from racing anything and everything im trying to keep it intacked for worlds in october, my small business has been gurgling down the drain so funds have kept me from traveling away to races as well, the rest of my life has changed as well, but the one thing that has not change is my direction "PODIUM TO EMERGANCY BACK TO PODIUM" so my blog will hold the same meaning.
The best change ive had in all the shit ive been and going through is my "PIT BUNNY" (gf jemma) to see her in action check out the video from the national 24solo championships.. (in big bunny ears)
It was her 1st time as pit bitch and did a fantastic job never missed an order actually i didnt even had to place an order, the most stress free 24hrs i have ever had and sending me to bed when noticing signs of hypothermia was the right option thanks jem.
Ok i may have lied a bit about the stress as i missed the shut off time to register but russ let me after 10am on raceday..
I had to leave it to the last minute as i didnt know if i could scrape together the cash and i spent my last dollar to race that day but to me it was worth it, in all the ups n downs of my world me racing with my team mate matt reekie is when my life problems turn into just pedaling and thats when im free.
Once again matt gets the edge on me while i bonk during the night, but i enjoyed everypart of the race yes it hurt yes i couldnt even hold a knife to butter toast the next morning, but getting to ride for 24hrs away from the world is priceless.. so was the practice lap with jason english all smiles and laughs during that lap..

SO WHERE HAVE I BEEN??

Dirtworks>>>> i like starting elite controlled n cruzy. tire problems slowed me down again this year and big thanks to troy glennan for helping me when i crashed n split a tire, i found out later i chipped some bone off my thumb hence why we had a lot of trouble getting the nut off the valve., another tire cut after the 50km mark but i rode the bridge n still broke the 5hr mark..

SO WHERE AM I GOING????

looks like im doing the husky....
thinking of chasing the croc ticket again
everywhere on my turner flux its a rocket and loves beating the traffic with 1inch slicks on, it was even seen passing a cervello p3 in a road race a few weeks back..100km 2hrs 55min is that alright roadies???

As the year rolls on im slowly turning my life up the right way, im just focused on The world 24hr champs and not dislocating my shoulder before it, so i must not crash.. and will get the opperation it needs after worlds.

ill be keeping you posted on the races ill be at as i pay for them and ride them.

>>>>>>nothing changes unless you change them<<<<<<<<<<

just chops.

1 comment:

  1. good write up mate, sounds like you have been doing it tough. Love that beating the roadies at their own game. See you at the Husky

    ReplyDelete