Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chasing the possums

Their was not much riding done during my week only the usual spin classes.. So by friday i had lots of built up energy, and the 30riders that walked into my 530 spin class received the full effects of that being forced to be punished for just under and hour.(10mins over time).. i still had more so after raiding the news agency for the latest mag.. i headed to the bush..

IT was an eary climb up kincumber mt with the creekbed track was dense with fog once i made it to the top i did 2laps of the single track and headed down the other side to home.. and stayed up and watched the tour til the end. After a long breakfast in terrigal i headed to do a bit of work before lunchtime, but when i got home i went straight back to bed and didnt wake till 315pm scoffed down a packet pasta grabbed everything together and drove out to ourimbah.

CLUB ROUND>>>>NIGHT RACE>>

i drank close to a litre on the drive out, to make up for wat i missed during th day and because there would be no time during the race... i rolled out for a practise lap before i needed lights.. it was a struggle the body was tired the eyes were sore and the motivation wasnt there...
On the start grid i had brad kelly far right and trentan day (sorry if your name is spelt wrong) hmmm must of been about 8riders in a grade it looked to be a tough fight for 3rd...
i managed 3rd into the single track with the leaders disappearing fast.. i just couldnt any rythm in the single track just was being a pussy really and didnt wanna crash out.. so most of the 1st lap was spent abusing myself on the lack of ability i had to the amusement of the rider on my ass.. during lap 2 i asked if he was (gavin) tired of riding behined me... so we got chatting and to be informed his aim for the night was to just beat me.. that made me smile but also sigh of the pain that was on the way.. so had chattered more and the pace slowed alot (i liked it) i noticed ppl were making ground on us so at the start of lap 4 i picked the pace up (still below xc pace) poor gavin was still right on my wheel and with my legs hurting i knew he was gona get me by the end of the race,, but he flattered after the magic carpet..and with a classy dummy spit which most of the field heard through the forest with most expecting it was me..(i must be known for expressing my feeling towards a flat tyre).. so i jumped on the pace to get away and to put a comfortable gap into the new 4th position.. hes making more time anychance i see him.. same with lap 5 and i have the pace up to full throttle except for when the trees stepped out into me x3.
lap 6... when we signed up it was a 5lap race on the start line they told us it was now 6... and at this stage i was cursing it.. time to give at all i have to hold 3rd.. and it became my smoothest lap finally finding my groove was nice.. but this rider is still catching me.. i made it hurt as much as i could, knowing a stuff up on the climb at the end up thru the rock ledge had me nervous but i made it clean but still panicking,, i rolled into timing with that 4th rider matt reekie right on my heels a great solid ride and hes improving fast and with his new ay-up lights im glad there wasnt another lap..
Happy with 3rd... Happier when i was informed that brad kelly dnf with a flat.. sweet 2nd place :)..

it was a 6km course and lots of fun running some sections backwards added even more flow to the ourimbah race track..

THanks to my sponsors PUSHY GALORE
http://www.livefluid.com/
http://www.mayhemapparel.ca/
http://www.steelmx.com/
http://www.endurancetrainingcenter.com/

CHOPS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment