Monday, October 5, 2009

Im back in the saddle..

Its been 8days since i re mounted my specialized epic... i battled with teaching spin classes one handed for around 2weeks..i definately rushed my recovery but i justhad to keep riding...
my first ride back was straght up kincumber mountain..i felt good so i did 3 repeats of thefire road climb up from erina.. one day was good so more riding on tuesday after my spin class just up and over kincumber mt (no real mountain but thats wat they call it) wednesday i dont i went for a ride just a spin class in the arvo which didnt feel like enough, thursday arvo i met reekie at the summit for a very fast blast of the flat single track on top of kincumber mt... i took off to lead the way throwing the bike every where(it was nice to 4get about my shoulder) we smashed it to the lookout n grinded italongthe sandy track towards the mudhut but turning right at (link track) and over to the wiggle track drifting thru the corners before coming to a real hault at a fallen tree... up the grass section to the mudhut down the sandstone steps then smashed it back to the tower reekie passed me on the way the back but i reeled him back as the road slightly tilted, but i paid for it for a day or more...i was so close to having a chuck... we then did the lap again at a leisurely pace then in the fading light reekie fired up some lights, we dscended down the tar road and flogged it as hard as we could on the road home,... friday 530pm spin class was a battle my legs were still burnt out....

SAturday i had organised a group ride for guys coming up from sydney and some locals butwith the rain alot pulled out so it was only me and anthony and tony... itworks out to a 60km loop 1400m of climbing some tar sections and we managed to miss the rain except for some drizzle on the last 20mins so we finished a bit soaked from tyres flicking water up... the hot coffee and pasta tasted extra good after that one :).

SUNDAY 4weeks to the day i dislocated my shoulder, i put on the same socks to break the voodoo arrived at ourimbah to the surprise of many but i was keen to go... sitting on the start line knowing id wrapped the points series and reekie getting second.. matt murphy was there to join in on the fun, with one rear spoke missing...lol.
i think it was me who mentioned the idea of a reversed grid... and so it went off with us atthe back of the pack... which would of been handy instead of being off the front because b-grade would over taken me i think.. i felt really slow out there and i just couldnt smooth the track with being a nervous wreck about crashing, but i got my 4laps done ate more food and saddled up for the long ride home... it took 2hrs we got lost a bit..i was running the tank empty so my head wasnt working welll. i managed to pick up a 40mm screw in my rear tyre, i left it in there and stans did its job,,,and then piddled on my floor wen i took the screw out. so my arvo consistant of eating food in terrigal..
pedalled my way to a spin class this morning the gym was quite full and they were eager for extra so they sure did get it... i whimped out on riding the mountain home.. legs are empty...

ive picked up some roval wheels to this week, which i might put on for the scott this wknd..
my shoulder needs surgery and im not sure wen that will happen.

oh yea and ive signed up for the kona 24...


chops:)

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you're back into it mate!
    Kona solo? Surgery after that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea thats the plan really.. i didnt wana waste the fitness ive built up this year.. do the solo and then look at surgery...

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, so many cool peeps we know are doing that race solo, it's gonna be one awesome event with lotsa mateys... I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete